Thursday 5 February 2015

Basket and Balls

Objective

To encourage the gross motor skill of throwing which helps toddler's coordination

Materials

  • Basket
  • An assortment of balls
I really think that the outdoors is the best place for Bean to explore her physical abilities and develop her gross motor skills. The last couple of weeks have been really cold, so Bean and I have not been spending as much time outside as we would like.   I know that my daughter loves to throw a ball, she especially enjoys playing catch with her Uncle.  He says she has quite the arm already!  Since I already knew that she enjoyed throwing, I decided to add a basket the last time she wanted to play catch.  Instead of throwing the ball to me, I put a basket on its side and threw balls in it to see if Bean would do as I did.  My hope was that she would be able to increase her coordination skills by aiming the ball to go into the basket.  She did manage to, but only because she stood right beside it when she threw the balls! haha! It was a really fun activity for her and I am sure that we will try it again.   Maybe we will even move back a little bit the next time and learn to throw from a bit of a distance, or not!



2 comments:

  1. Her dad could have been a great baseball player had he studied less and practiced more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have heard about his little league days:)

    ReplyDelete