Tuesday 24 March 2015

Food Colouring Magic

Objective

To give my daughter the opportunity to practise learning the names of colours in a fun way

Materials

  • food colouring
  • milk 
  • dish soap
  • Q-tips
This activity is actually a science activity for children slightly older than my daughter.    I decided I would try it with my daughter anyway since we had some milk left over that she did not finish this morning.  Thanks to my cousin for suggesting this activity a couple of months ago:).

I poured the milk in a clear bowl and added drops of food colouring.  You can easily add counting as a skill to this activity by having your toddler count the drops.  Bean decided which colours we would use by naming them.  I may mix the colours together next time so she has more than four to choose from.  Next we dipped a Q-tip into the dish soap and swirled it around.  You can try it and see for yourself what happens next ;).


0 comments:

Post a Comment