Sunday 1 March 2015

Matching mittens

Objective

To engage toddlers in the cognitive skill of sorting by finding pairs

Materials

  • basket
  • various mittens and gloves (adult and children's sizes)
A great indoor winter activity, this one is super easy to put together as you likely have everything you need already!   I filled a basket with Bean, my husbands and my mittens and gloves and let my daughter do whatever she wanted.  I wanted to see if she would find the pairs of gloves and mittens and notice the size, shape, colour and texture.  This activity works well with more than one toddler as it makes it slightly more difficult to find a matching pair!  I've seen it done in daycare in the toddler room and it's always a lot of fun to watch.  Of course when there is more than one toddler, social and language skills are also being practiced.




1 comment: